Monday, June 8, 2009

Kitaro's Magical Set Mixed With Dubstep






In ancient Greece and Rome people did not believe that creativity came from the person creating, rather they believed that creativity was a divine attendant spirit that came to and through human beings from some unknowable source. The Greeks called this unknowable source "daemons". The Romans called the creative spirit a "genius", but not in the sense that we define the word genius now, rather a spirit speaking to them from afar. American poet Ruth Stone speaks of her poetry like a roll of thunder coming at her over the landscape that she needs to hurry up and catch. Kitaro says about his musical experience:

"I never had education in music, I just learned to trust my ears and my feelings." He credits ‘powers beyond himself’ for his music, saying, "This music is not from my mind. It is from heaven, going through my body and out my fingers through composing. Sometimes I wonder. I never practice. I don't read or write music, but my fingers move. I wonder, 'Whose song is this?' I write my songs, but they are not my songs."

Kitaro's performance is sure to be a magical moment at Techno-Trial 2009.

Grammy winning Kitaro, will be playing while Mystic Beat Lounge's resident circus oley meets Burning Man sort of troupe, Luminesque, twirls, ropes, and ribbons above your head, and spins fire in front of your face.

Kitaro, our crowning act Saturday night is a local Northern California man who composes songs meant for movies, is an original fan of the synthesizer, and a pioneer of electronic music. He has sold more albums than any other artist at Harmony Festival, and writes songs that embody passion and the dramatic. Besides creating and playing music of a magical gnome forest sort of nature with God-sent mystical sound, for the first time ever while he plays, Kitaro's music will be mixed to dubstep.

The record may have just scratched to a stop in your mind as it did in mine when I heard this bit of information. Kitaro and dubstep? How does such a thing pan out? Expect him to run wildly across the stage playing all sorts of the instruments he plays so well.



Then under the synthesizer, the fervently pounding drums, and the sweet tones of movie soundtrack "Heaven and Earth"…dirty dubstep.


Get down…

No comments:

Post a Comment